Chocolate log filled with fruit, marshmallows and biscuits
- 250g dark chocolate (I used 70%)
- 90g butter
- 2 tbsp vanilla vodka (or rum/brandy/amaretto etc.)
- 130g biscuits, broken into small lumps (I used cinnamon graham crackers)
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 50g cranberries
- 30g apricots
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Optional: 50g nuts
Directions (Makes 4)
- In a heatproof bowl, melt together the butter and chocolate.
- Stir the vanilla vodka into the chocolate butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add the biscuits, fruit and marshmallows and mix well to combine.
- Take 4 sheets of cling film. Divide the mixture into 4 and roughly spoon into a log-type shape in the centre of each clingfilm sheet.
- Fold the top of the clingfilm over the mixture and using your hands shape into a log of roughly the same thickness throughout. Continue rolling the log towards you until you’ve got to the end of the cling film sheet.
- Twist the ends of the clingfilm until you have a tight log. Repeat for the remainder 3 portions.
- Place into the fridge for 3-4 hours to set.
- Once the logs are firm, un-wrap them and roll in icing sugar, gently rubbing it onto the surface of the log, brush away any excess.
- If you want, wrap each chocolate salami in butchers twine (for a more authentic look).
- Individually wrap each salami, I used greaseproof paper and tied with more twine/ribbon.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat, or give to someone as a gift.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge for 20 minutes and cut into slices.
These will last for 2 weeks stored in the fridge.
You can substitute pretty much anything in this recipe -dried fruit, nuts, biscuits, chocolate, alcohol etc.
The Latest from instagram
Please share your results with @hannahbakescake on Instagram
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License