Quick and easy crumbly cookies rolled in oats and topped with jam
- 210g very soft unsalted butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 300g self raising flour
- 200g rolled oats ** see notes
- 15 tsp raspberry jam
Approx 30 cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 170°c fan or 190°c oven. Line 4 trays with grease proof paper (or re-use 2 trays).
- In a large bowl, beat together the soft butter and sugar with a wooden spoon for a few minutes until light and fluffy; or you can use a stand mixer with the beater attachment.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour and mix until combined, the mixture should be soft, but thick enough to handle.
- Using your hands, take portions of the dough (mine weighed roughly 25g) and roll into 30 balls.
- Place the oats into a bag and place each ball (do this individually) into the oats and toss to coat. I cup my hand in the bag of oats, with the ball in the center and lightly press to adhere the oats to the dough.
- Place all the oat covered balls onto the baking trays, spaced apart, as the cookies will spread slightly.
- With your hand flat, lightly press each ball to flatten. then using your thumb, make a slight indent in the middle of each cookie.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 15-18 mins, rotating half way – you will have to bake the trays of cookies seperately, depending on the size of your oven.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
**You wont use all the rolled oats – they are just for rolling the cookies in (but you can keep the bag for the next batch of cookies!).
You can use any jam you want, or place glace fruit in the center (make sure it doesn’t burn when baking)
These cookies will last up to 5 days in a sealed air-tight container.
The Latest from instagram
Please share your results with @hannahbakescake on Instagram
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License