The adult version of a classic treat; crispy and chewy bars of marshmallow heaven!
- 150g unsalted butter
- 400g marshmallows
- 1tsp flakey salt
- 100g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 215g rice crispies
- Prepare a 9 x 13inch baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease the bottom and sides with butter.
- In a large saucepan on a medium-high heat, add the butter and cook until brown; this takes around 3-5 minutes. You will go through the stages of the butter melting, bubbling, foaming and the foam rising up slightly. They key to successful browned butter is stirring – take the butter to the desired shade of brown (I like mine a deep amber).
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and immediately add in the marshmallows, flakey salt, honey and white chocolate. Stir until fully melted and combined; the butter may split from the marshmallow mix but keep stirring and it will all come back together to one smooth consistency.
- Quickly add the rice crispies and using a large wooden spoon stir the mixture until every rice crispy is coated in the marshmallow mix.
- Pour everything into the baking tray and flatten. Switch to an oiled offset spatula and smooth the surface of the rice crispies until you have an even flat surface.
- Set aside for a few hours, then turn out onto a board and cut into 24 squares. Try to to eat them all at once.
Do not skip the browning the butter step – you do not know what flavour bomb you are missing out on!
These are best eaten within 2 days, but will last in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
The Latest from instagram
Please share your results with @hannahbakescake on Instagram
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License