Soft, chewy cookies with a brownie-like texture, toasted marshmallows and flakey salt
- 80g brown sugar
- 120g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 160g dark chocolate
- 110g plain flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature (approx 120g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa power
- 1 1/2 tbsp black cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Flakey salt for sprinkling
- 30-40 mini marshmallows for topping.
- Pre heat oven to 160°c fan or 180°c oven. Line 2 trays with greaseproof paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk both of the sugars and eggs on high speed for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and chocolate together, stirring well to combine.
- On a low speed, slowly pour in the butter chocolate mixture into the sugar and eggs until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, as required.
- Weigh all the dry ingredients together and sieve into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix on a low speed until fully combined. The mixture should be quite thick.
- Use a medium cookie/ice cream scoop (or spoon) to scoop the mixture onto the baking trays, making sure they have space to spread out as they bake – about 2 inches.
- Sprinkle each cookie with flakey salt and place 5-7 marshmallows on top, pressing gently so they adhere to the batter.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, rotating the trays once half way through baking. When there are 3 minutes left, pick up the trays and tap against the oven racks to flatten the cookies, continue to bake for the remainder 3 minutes.
- Leave to cool (if you can wait that long) and enjoy.
Best eaten within 2 days, but can last up to 4 days in a sealed air-tight container, or individually wrapped in cling film.
Why not sandwich some ice-cream in-between 2 cookies?
The Latest from instagram
Please share your results with @hannahbakescake on Instagram
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License